At times like this I want to say...

...that girls are no less dumb than boys.. *sigh*

Girl1.. *in surprise*.. you don't drink..??

Girl2.. no.. I don't..

Girl1.. you don't eat non-veg either..?? *she was asking as thinking which planet you came from girl.. *

Girl2.. *smiles a little and..* ..no I don't..

Girl1.. and you were in US.. all alone working..

Girl2.. whats being in US has to do with this..?

Girl1.. you don't look like those girls..

Girl2.. and who are those girls?? *she asked slowly*

Girl1.. I mean those "behenji type " you know.. *she grinned*

Girl2.. *looks at her with eyes wide open.. scanning her from top to bottom.. and thinks.. if I look from your point then in spite of this western outfit and a glass filled with beer in hand.. you are not looking much better than "those girls".. you know.. *

..yeah.. I know.. my looks are very deceiving.. excuse me.. *and she left her dumbstruck*

After so long I was hearing this word from a girl.. well!! In conversation with boys I have heard this many times.. that.. that girl is this type.. that one is that type.. and I always laughed at them saying how silly they are to say all this.. but no.. we girls are no less dumb than boys.. are we.. eh!! .. I have thought many times but wasn't able to figure out that how come drinking ..eating non-veg or enjoying night life proves that you are the one with progressive thinking..?? and how come not doing the same proves otherwise..?? *sigh*

On second thoughts.. she got confused in which category I fits in coz of my dressing style.. what if tomorrow she will see me in some delicate chudidaar & kurta ..hairs tied up in a pony tail.. chasing butterflies outdoor.. then?? in which category I'll be in..?? just wondering :P

9 comments:

    :) Same pinch.. :)

    I think thats her perception which is a result of the peer pressure she had faced.

    Everything is relative in this world...what u do might not be acceptable to other n vice-versa...

    But the best thing and "I am happy to learn this in your post"...
    Believe in yourself :)

    This one is really a good post and i am glad u shared it :)

    take care
    ~Ali

    Ha ha! :)

    Some people just see what others have made them see.I actually pity them,cause they don't know to look beyond the obvious.

    personally i have a soft spot for girls who drink...its easier to find places for dates then :P

    **speechless**
    besides why to judge on appearance, looks and the clothing style?

    First and foremost I should say boys are not dumb. I guess thats what any normal homo-sapien thinks about members of opposite gender. So you can infer what boys are thinking about girls.

    Girl 1, I think is infected with parochial ideas. God help her and save Girl 2 from her.

    ali ouch.. :P yes! always believe in yourself.. thankyou..

    sameera right girl.. I so pity them too..

    mayz *smiles*

    lena well.. to be true we all do that upto some point ..appearance do counts.. but the way she reacted was a thing which bugged me :)

    anand First and foremost I should say boys are not dumb.
    lets not start a debate here ;P

    so where is the song of the moment ...? :)

    you suggest.. I will put it :)

    :) i am not good at such things.. though you can consider a song from Gambler..
    meri marzi..(by Devang Patel)...