Birthdays And Greetings...

Birthdays are always special.. and we all love to get wishes from friends.. and family.. there were the days when we used to wait for postman like anything.. to see whose card comes first.. I remember even ten days before my b'day.. after returning from school my first question to mom used to be.. "any card for me..?" .. and whenever she replied "postman didn't come yet" I always felt hopeful.. may be he'll come now.. in fact I loved to receive cards so much that my mom dad and big B always sent their cards by post.. just to make me smile :)

Those were the days when we used to spend hours at Archie's gallery.. selecting best cards we can.. reading them word by word.. thinking which is best for whom.. sometimes coming back empty hand and complaining to the keeper.. you don't have good collection.. it's still old one.. and once he replied to me.. coz you always pick best as soon as they come.. "itne sare kaha se laoo " .. :D
Friends always envied my cards collection.. I always had cards ready for any occasion.. b'day.. sorry.. thank you.. miss you.. love you.. thinking about you.. get well soon.. except anniversary and baby showers coz I didn't need them that time.. but now I have them too :P .. as boy says haan bachchi badi ho gayi hai na :D

Then there came the days when phone calls.. e-mails.. e-cards started taking place of personalised hand written cards and letters.. a fast process for people who suffers from memory loss.. :P I used to say this initially.. coz I never liked those online greetings much.. slowly slowly number of cards I used to receive by post decreased.. now I hardly get ten cards.. while at the age of 12- 13 ..number was good enough.. yeah I feel sad at times..

I do send e-cards and e-mails too but still I send hand written cards to the close ones.. all decked up with glitters and stickers ..I just love imagining the smile on faces.. which of course is different from which we get by receiving e-cards.. but e-cards are good too anyway.. first they always reach in time.. second you can flood a love one's mail box with them.. especially when you have a fight :P.. a cool way to manao .. :P

A friend called today and asked what you doing.. and I replied writing cards.. and she said.. cards..? you still send cards by post..? I haven't wrote any since ages.. and I smiled.. I do.. and I love doing it.. with all love and passion..

I write them almost every alternate month.. to the close ones.. and sometimes just like that too.. to boy ..to my best girl friend.. coz I believe hand written cards and letters still create magic in heart which these fiber optic channels can't..

Anyways wishes are always welcome .. which ever way they come.. they always make us feel special and loved.. and especially to me even two word mail is enough to curve my lips and twinkle my eyes.. finally it's just a thought which matters most.. right..

1 comments:

    On November 6, 2009 at 11:51 PM BlueMist said...

    First half part I can completely relate. :) but with time I have outgrown of everything. now it is a phone call. I think the other person also has to have passion for receiving such cards IMO. Otherwise it is gone for the toss. :)