FBmania...
Tuesday, September 14, 2010 by hope
In a random conversation with nine yr. old nephew...
He: you know they think she is my gf..
Me: mmm..
He: well, she is pretty.. long hairs.. Japanese..
Me: ummmm.. she is your partner..
He: yeah, actually she talks a lot..
Me: yeah girls..
He: but I like her a lot.. not that way!!
Me: what is THAT WAY..?
He: *grins*..
Me: !!!
He: so now I told you a secret right..?
Me: yeah, don't worry it's safe..
He: I know we are friends..
Me: of course honey!! *smiles*
He: that means you will accept my FB invite now.. :D
Me: :O w..h..a..a..t..?
He: you said it's for friends only.. and we're friends..
Me: *thinks hard* I am not active there I hardly logs in..
He: it's ok.. just add me..
Me: !!!
I hate to make him sad but I was so clueless what to say.. so gave phone to Boy.. later Boy said why don't you create one more FB ID for this bachchaparty.. but then I feel weird looking at the speed these kids are growing.. let me tell you he already have some 50 connections in it.. and when I was in 5th grade.. aah! leave it..
Social networking I am not much into it myself.. coz I don't enjoy it.. emails and phone calls are much closer to my heart.. but yeah they are addictive.. and not good for kids at least.. but have seen few parents who boast about their kid's Internet activities and think it's cool .. eh!! I think surely there are much better things to be proud of..
He: you know they think she is my gf..
Me: mmm..
He: well, she is pretty.. long hairs.. Japanese..
Me: ummmm.. she is your partner..
He: yeah, actually she talks a lot..
Me: yeah girls..
He: but I like her a lot.. not that way!!
Me: what is THAT WAY..?
He: *grins*..
Me: !!!
He: so now I told you a secret right..?
Me: yeah, don't worry it's safe..
He: I know we are friends..
Me: of course honey!! *smiles*
He: that means you will accept my FB invite now.. :D
Me: :O w..h..a..a..t..?
He: you said it's for friends only.. and we're friends..
Me: *thinks hard* I am not active there I hardly logs in..
He: it's ok.. just add me..
Me: !!!
I hate to make him sad but I was so clueless what to say.. so gave phone to Boy.. later Boy said why don't you create one more FB ID for this bachchaparty.. but then I feel weird looking at the speed these kids are growing.. let me tell you he already have some 50 connections in it.. and when I was in 5th grade.. aah! leave it..
Social networking I am not much into it myself.. coz I don't enjoy it.. emails and phone calls are much closer to my heart.. but yeah they are addictive.. and not good for kids at least.. but have seen few parents who boast about their kid's Internet activities and think it's cool .. eh!! I think surely there are much better things to be proud of..


